On Tuesday, Bret left for work around 10am. He had been in and out all morning so when I heard the door open as I was brushing my teeth I assumed he was back. I finished brushing my teeth and walked around the corner to find a girl, about 20 years old, standing in my kitchen. I said "hi", thinking she would say "Sorry! Wrong house!" and walk out the door. Nope. She just looked at me with a blank stare and continued pulling out my kitchen chair. I asked her what she was doing and she said she had to pee. I pushed in the kitchen chair and said "Well, you can't pee there." Then she walked over to my kitchen sink and started climbing in while taking off her pants!
"What are you doing?"
"I really have to pee."
"Well, can you not pee in my kitchen sink?!"
"Oh ya." -- Did she forget??
I asked "Are you sleepwalking?"
She just looked at me confused and said "No".
"I'm going to get my shoes and help you find your apartment."
We walked out my front door to the stairs (I live on the 3rd floor) and she said she couldn't possibly walk down the stairs and walked back into my house! Then she opened the door to my front balcony and again said she had to pee. There was no way I was going to let her pee on my balcony so I took her to my bathroom. She did her thing, walked out, and sat on my couch. How am I going to get her out of here?! I asked her where she lives, she said with Megan. I asked her for Megan's number, she didn't know it. I asked her for her phone, she didn't have it. I asked her for the apartment number, she didn't know it.
Then she said "Wait, wasn't Megan just sitting right there on that couch?" (points to my chair).
"No. What's the deal, have you been drinking? Doing drugs??"
"We had A LOT to drink last night."
Last night? It's 10am! Then she stood up and said "Oh no! I forgot something! I was supposed to get on a plane really early this morning. I bet I missed it!" and went out the door. I followed her and heard someone downstairs yelling
"Aaaaaaaa-mmyyyyyyyyy!"
She looked over the railing, "Megan!" (Megan is the same age as her and wearing pajamas).
"Amy, do you know what time it is? You missed your flight! You need to get down here right now!"
Keep in mind, I was standing right next to her, angry that she had just walked into my apartment and ready to tell someone that she needed help, and Megan walked right inside and said nothing to me. I was so angry! I went inside, LOCKED MY DOOR (moral of the story), and called Bret. I told him what happened, but sometimes a dramatic story needs to be told to a girl to get a dramatic response. So I called my mom and told her the story and then I called the main office at my complex. By the time I told them what happened, the shock had settled and I realized how scared and violated I felt and I was in tears. So I went to my mom's house and came home just in time to leave to teach my piano lessons for the day.
In the short time I was home the girl knocked on my door and apologized. She didn't remember anything. I told her that she scared me and that it wasn't okay. I told her that I don't drink and don't invite that kind of behavior into my home and she had no right to let her actions affect me like that. I realize now that I should have been more forgiving, but at the time I was still angry! Luckily, Bret's parents came over to visit for the night and completely took my mind off of my crazy day.
3 comments:
Jeez, you controlled yourself a lot better then I would have. I would have probably got a little New York fighting happening. I am so happy you are safe though. That is so scary.
That is crazy! But it would have made your blog even more interesting if you had whipped out your camera and let her pee in your sink after all...
Oh my gosh how freaky! I would have reacted the same way!
Post a Comment