After preschool on Tuesday I was watching Logan when it started pouring down rain. We opened up the doors and Logan grabbed his life jacket (I'm not sure why) and ran outside to play.

After a few minutes the wind was blowing so hard that everything inside was getting wet. I ran around and closed the doors and windows and noticed that it was hailing.

When the rain finally stopped the streets were flooded and roads were closed off. The hail was huge and came down so hard that there was damage to cars and homes.

Then at about 5 o'clock I was home teaching piano and it stormed again even harder. It only lasted around 20 minutes but it was so powerful that a lot of damage was done. It hailed so much that it looked like snow.
And then when it was all over, it looked like this. Tree branches everywhere, yards were brown and the streets were green and the sky was darker than midnight.
I don't know anyone who didn't have some damage and most people had a lot. Broken windows, skylights, screens, car windows, roofs, gardens, yards...
I should have taken more pictures and now I'm regretting it. I drove 3 miles that evening and there were so many branches on the streets that I literally had nowhere to go until someone came and cleared it. All this and I don't know anyone who got hurt. This was one of those storms we'll remember.





No comments:
Post a Comment