Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's Done!

This is now my favorite thing in my house. Every time we reach for a can of tuna we will have such fond memories of building it together. Also it's awesome! I won't be surprised if we are soon mass producing them for all who see this post.

It is so full of food I don't know how we ever survived with the small pantry we had before. Maybe we'll need to build another now that we are such expert shoppers!

I always hear about people buying $200 worth of groceries and only paying $4 and I think 'maybe if I could do that I wouldn't HATE grocery shopping as much as I do' (and I really do hate it! It is the VERY LEAST thing I like to do. I usually trade it for cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry, and every other chore. Bret is slightly insane and actually likes to grocery shop, but doesn't always have the time. Therefore, I have to do it, so I put if off because I hate it and we end up eating fast food and take out, which is gross. This is the longest parenthetical phrase ever). So I googled it and saw that there are actually lots of people who have mastered the art of couponing.

I just started and don't really know exactly how the experts do it, but I clip every coupon I find and then look through the weekly Fry's ad and match what's on sale to the coupons I have and surprisingly lots of things match up! Then I make my list and only buy what is on sale (with my Fry's VIP Card) AND what I have coupons for.

I've only done this twice so far. I still don't have very many coupons but I saved 27% of my first bill and 35% on the second, a total of $60. So far so good! And I enjoyed it! My goal for next time is to save 40%. I need to get some kind of folder to organize my coupons in so that I can take all of my coupons to the store with me when I shop. Some things match up that aren't listed in the ads. Any ideas?

If anyone else does this or knows anything about it, I would LOVE some advice!

Notice how I added a personal touch to the post instead of just a picture? I'M TRYING!
-a

1 comment:

Ken and Lauretta said...

I wish that I could clip coupons. It just doesn't work for me where we live. Nothing feels better than saving money though, right?
The pantry looks great. Congrats to you. I love the bottled food. :) I want to see them being used though!