Amber wanted me to blog about food because she likes eating the food I make her. I think she just likes the fact that I cook for her.
This meal is from last Christmas, you notice the Christmas coke can (thanks mom and dad, never can have too much). Nothing goes with a "Mexi-Coke" better than enchiladas with a fried egg!
Next we have one of my favorite styles of cooking. Stealing ideas from other recipes to make your own or just be really creative (sometimes it works, sometimes... not so much). This is bread crumb chicken fried in Olive oil and baked with sliced jalapeños*, green onions and to top it off... some Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of honey before baking. Serve with of butter garlic noodles.
Amber also wanted me to list other things I have made for her so here it goes:
Rice pudding, white chocolate moose parfait with strawberries, raspberry jelly roll, home made brownies, red potatoes in olive oil and rosemary, coconut cupcakes (my personal favorite), Lemon mu range pie, chicken noodle soup, potato soup, stir fry, etc. I think the meal that we eat the most here would be the red enchiladas with beans.
Now this is just a picture of what I ate on our 2 year anniversary dinner. I like sushi, but she can only have it once in a blue moon. So Amber, my wonderful wife, took me out to AH-SO, a sushi and tepenyaki** restaurant. I took advantage of it and got their dragon roll, the one with the salmon and avocado and Amber had the chicken dinner that was cooked right in front of us. (AH-SO is OH-SO COOL!)
I thought that we had more pictures of the food that we cook but I guess not.
'So to end, a toast! To fine cooking! Great friends! And family!'
*Please consult your physician before cutting jalapeños followed by rubbing your eyes.
**Sorry, I don't know how to spell that.
4 comments:
Ok, I am really jealous. I think Alan would cook for me but I do not trust it. I am not kidding 12 yrs ago he went to make me scrabbled eggs and it was not pretty. Never asked for him to cook again. Except Grill, he is good at that.
I am so proud of you! Maybe you should go to chef's school? I am definately impressed! So, aren't those Farnsworth men wonderful?!!?
I am just collecting a bunch of Mexican Wheat Recipes for a class. How about Guisado de Trigo? Or ceviche de trigo? o flautas de trigo? I have a bunch of them so far. Interested in learning to cook with your food storage?
Bret~ you're amazing. It cracks me up that you can even come to my house, look in the pantry when I think I have nothing and find something to make a gourmet meal. And thanks again for watching the boys last all afternoon yesterday. They love you!
I'll be coming over for dinner....tonight.
Post a Comment