Thursday, May 15, 2008

One is silver and the other gold...

With our move to Arizona coming up so soon we find ourselves torn between the old and the new. As for me, I will be settling in with the family and friends I spent the first 18 years of my life with. Bret will be moving closer to the majority of his family. We are thrilled about our future plans under the sun, but there is so much we will miss about our lives here in Utah.

Orem is truly one of the most beautiful places to live. Between the mountains, constellations and the weather it is like living in the country with the bonus of a SuperTarget and two malls.

Fortunately, the most beautiful landscaping comes with the most wonderful people. Never have I met so many kind and happy people. We will miss the pleasant atmosphere they create as well as the lifelong friends we have made and kept in touch with since we've been here.
In our first year of marriage, Bret and I have been extremely blessed. One of those blessings is found in the jobs we have woken up (and sometimes gone to bed) to. Yes, there have been some loooooong days, but we have been lucky enough to spend those days with wonderful people. To all of our Xango and Credit Union coworkers, you will be missed as you have been SO appreciated.

How could we say farewell to Utah without a big "au revoir" to Nate and Stef. There have been good times... much of them spent playing pretend musical instruments... and they have been fun. We must give a big thanks for all of your support and friendship. To you and all the Raynes, thank you and we will miss you.

Now, we know it is time to move on so we have to focus on our future in Arizona. We realize that there are two very important things in life; family and education. Bret will be studying at Air Safety Flight Academy, and myself at ASU. Our original plans were to study here in Utah, but we now realize the importance of family and are grateful to be moving closer to so many people we love!

Among the other things we look forward to include the warm weather (at least for me. I don't think I can take another snowy winter, sorry Bret), having music back in our lives, and most of all... a DISHWASHER. I'll be honest, I've grown quite fond of doing my own dishes, occasionally that is. I just can't help but be psyched about the new free time I will have each night.

Leaving our home to move our entire lives to a new place is exciting and scary. I just know that however many times our plans change, everything will be alright. It will be great in fact. And as we move on to new places and faces, we will always remember the friends we've made and will hopefully keep in touch with as many as we can.

2 comments:

Ken and Lauretta said...

We are so excited that you are moving closer to home! We can't wait to have more family get-togethers.

Stefanie Raynes said...

That is the sweetest post! I know this it TOTALLY late, but thanks for the shout-out. We miss you guys a TON!